Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

(~ U P D A T E~ 1/31) S C L - R V1.21 (Ambushes)

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#1 Prodigy

Prodigy

Level 20

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:34 AM

This is the official thread for SCL Reborn.  SCLR is an attempt to offer a rebirth of the traditional table-top approach to D&D.  Through major revisions of classes, monster modifications, greatly extended quantities of spells and abilities (all that are intended to function as true-to-form as possible), enhanced RP support through proficiencies, and many more planned mods, I hope to provide you with an experience that is as in-line with 5e PnP as possible.  See below for direct link to latest release. 

Fixed Stats, NPCs, Monsters, MORE! 
Updated 1/31/16

http://www.filedropp...borninstaller_1

v1.21 Minor Update (Added Ambush Modifier, Trigger)

In this release, I have presented the current WIP of the Ambush Modifier and Ambush Trigger.  To use it, you must apply (either in Creature Set edit, or in the Character edit), the Ambush Modifier (Look under the Character Modifiers abilities).  This will add the Ambush Modifier, that prevents a character from being seen, or from attacking, until and unless a hapless adventurer stumbles over an Ambush trigger, which you will find in the Tricks, Treats and Traps menu (at the bottom).

It's been fun, and I hope you've enjoyed the extra little something I've tried to provide.  Thank you for your time, your support, and at times... Well, just your tolerance for my shenanigans. :-)  

V1.2 Update (Fixed stats, NPC Set, Monster Set, MORE)

Spoiler

v1.01 Update

Spoiler

v1.0 Update (Rogue Complete, DM Effects, No Scaling, More!)

Spoiler

v0.42 Update (CP2 Update, SCL Separation, Rogue Started)

Spoiler

v0.41 Update (Installer added, Removed PvP)

Spoiler

v0.4 Update (Cleric Reborn, More Spells, Fixes)

Spoiler

v0.3 Updates (PvP, full-friendly fire)

Spoiler

v0.21 Updates (New Spells, Revised Cooldowns, minor fixes)
Spoiler

As always, comment, suggest and criticize to your hearts content, I will listen!

(Devs, please feel free to close the other "Class Mod" threads, and I will begin editting this one.)

Edited by Prodigy, 31 January 2016 - 04:18 PM.

• RAM021, Winter, Sarr and 12 others like this

#2 Impus

Impus

Commoner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:45 AM

yay!

#3 Kendaric

Kendaric

Level 6

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationWuppertal, Germany

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:27 AM

Awesome :)

Let the testing commence...

#4 Rocco

Rocco

Level 2

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:42 AM

UPDATES

Wizard Spells

• Time Stop  (This one, I'm pretty proud of haha)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by Rocco, 26 November 2015 - 03:43 AM.

• Prodigy likes this

#5 spacehamzter

spacehamzter

Level 3

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

thank you

new.JPG

-

• Prodigy likes this

#6 cowtankerous

cowtankerous

Level 1

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

now just need to add its reverse stone to flesh.

#7 jraney

jraney

Commoner

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:36 AM

Is this merged with SCLN?

#8 spacehamzter

spacehamzter

Level 3

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

I did mine, no troubles so far.

#9 Prodigy

Prodigy

Level 20

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

Hamster, if you're familiar enough or confident enough to try merging asset files, you can merge the English.JSON into your resources.assets file, and get rid of the funky variable names. :-P

#10 Prodigy

Prodigy

Level 20

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

The *only* thing that it wouldn't be compatible with is Hatters Skill Proficiency abilities, which I fully intend to do a version of anyway. lol

#11 Mad.Hatter

Mad.Hatter

Level 10

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

The *only* thing that it wouldn't be compatible with is Hatters Skill Proficiency abilities, which I fully intend to do a version of anyway. lol

... ?

#12 Prodigy

Prodigy

Level 20

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

It wouldn't be compatible with your skills yet, because I don't have them merged into my Playerprogression/resources files.  If they install mine, it will overwrite yours at the moment.

I also have a few little tricks I haven't divulged as far as how I intend to do the skill profs.  I'll be testing yours soon, and if they're close to my own, I'll erase my plans to do skill profs.  But if they're not quite what I'm planning, I'm going to make a few, let you see them and we'll go from there on which are the better ones to incorporate.

#13 Kendaric

Kendaric

Level 6

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:33 PM

Prodigy, was the duration of second wind a delberate design choice or is it a bug (the effect seems to last for entire CD unless you die)?

#14 Prodigy

Prodigy

Level 20

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

Kendaric:

Here is the description i used when designing the new second wind:

You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again

For now, I only have it giving you a static increase, but I intended to design it to match my interpretation of that description, which is essentially a minor healing spell that can be used once per rest.

I also went with 300s as the "short rest" duration for fighter abilities, to keep them from being able to constantly heal themselves.

So as it is, it should heal you, and then begin a 300 second cooldown.  If it's creating a "buff" style effect, then yes, it's a bug.

#15 Kendaric

Kendaric

Level 6

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

Kendaric:

Here is the description i used when designing the new second wind:

You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again

For now, I only have it giving you a static increase, but I intended to design it to match my interpretation of that description, which is essentially a minor healing spell that can be used once per rest.

I also went with 300s as the "short rest" duration for fighter abilities, to keep them from being able to constantly heal themselves.

So as it is, it should heal you, and then begin a 300 second cooldown.  If it's creating a "buff" style effect, then yes, it's a bug.

Yeah, it works as a buff right now rather than the intended heal. Also, I think it´s on a 600 secs cooldown but have to check.

Edit: Just checked, it´s 600 secs CD.

Edit: The champion abilities lack their level requirement, you can take all of them once you hit level 3

Edited by Kendaric, 26 November 2015 - 02:01 PM.

#16 Sarr

Sarr

Level 2

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 286 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

:o ran out of likes for today. This is really impressive!

I wonder if maybe N-Space will sometimes borrow from SCLN and add some things to standard game :). Why not?

This could be well received. Just like D&D players helped shape what was called D&D Next, and became D&D 5th Edition. We were involved in playtesting, took surveys, etc.

#17 4verse

4verse

Level 4

• DM Badge
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

Time stop? Pure coolness :-)

Would druidic shapechange be possible to mod?

#18 Prodigy

Prodigy

Level 20

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

Kendaric:
I'll fix both of those bugs tonight and then probably begin the cleric.

Sarr:
I would be honored, but I am completely content with them staying course and we'll continue on ours and deliver two great products at once
  • Kendaric likes this

#19 Prodigy

Prodigy

Level 20

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

Oh, and 4Verse:
Add of now, I'm not sure that would be possible. However, I'm almost positive that druids will be added in a future update with that feature. And when it is, I'll be here to help make it PnP friendly
  • 4verse likes this

#20 Elth

Elth

Level 8

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:07 PM

now just need to add its reverse stone to flesh.

Turn those gargoyls and stone golems into several tonnes of steak!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users