7 replies to this topic

#1 Mad.Hatter

Mad.Hatter

Level 10

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

Now that you can go and create all sorts of crazy things, you need a place to post those mods so other people can use them! Please include a brief description of your mod and a download link. Please do not bump the thread. All posts that do not contain a new mod for download will be deleted.

Sword Coast Legends Next: A 5e Conversion (v1.2, updated 12/7):

https://dl.dropboxus...CLNBuildv12.zip

SCLN aims to bring the game more in line with PNP and provide some players with an experience that better matches their idea of what D&D should be. It does not aim to be a 100% recreation of the tabletop. The change list might not look that impressive in bulletpoint format, but it should dramatically alter your game experience.

SCLN should be played exclusively with characters made for and played in SCLN games. You've been warned. All players in the game must use SCLN for the game to play correctly and avoid incompatibility glitches.

1. To install, extract SCLNBuildv12.zip in your Mods folder (For most users: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sword Coast Legends\SwordCoast_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods). This should create a folder called SCLNBuildv12 with all the modded files inside.
  2. In your installation folder (For most users: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sword Coast Legends) open GameConfig.json and add SCLNBuildv12 inside the empty quotation marks. Should look like "Mod":"SCLNBuildv12" (be sure to remove the SCLNBuildv12 after you are done playing a modded game).

NOTE: You no longer have to inject English.json into your resources.assets. Language files work from the mod folder.

Changes to base SCL in the current release:

• Armor.json:
    • Changed all armor/gear properties to have a maximum of +3. Exceptional properties  were limited to one instance
    • Eliminated CDR
    • Dramatically changed gear progression. Items should be mundane until level 3. Epic items should not exist until level 11. Legendary items are only available at levels 19-20. Also drastically reduced frequency at which those colors drop (see TreasureTables.xml)
    • In addition to changing color progression, reduced the number of points used to generate items by upwards of 90%. What this means is that even at a given color, magic items should have less powerful stats on it. Using +AC as a baseline: +1 AC shouldn't occur until level 4 as a rare or level 5 as a green. +2 AC shouldn't occur until level 9 as a blue (never as a green), and +3 AC shouldn't occur until level 11 as a purple (never as green or blue).
  • CharacterBackgrounds.json:
    • Added missing 52 deities from official FR sources (thanks to Kironys).
    • Removed all ability modifiers, damage buffs, etc. from all backgrounds.
    • Acolyte: Gain Insight and Religion proficiency, 15gp
    • Charlatan: Deception and Sleight of Hand proficiency, 15gp
    • Criminal: Deception and Stealth proficiency, 15go
    • Spy: Deception and Stealth proficiency, 15gp
    • Entertainer: Acrobatics and Performance proficiency, 15gp
    • Gladiator: Acrobatics and Performance proficiency, 15gp
    • Folk Hero: Animal Handling and Survival proficiency, 10gp
    • Guild Artisan: Insight and Persuasion proficiency, 15gp
    • Guild Merchant: Insight and Persuasion proficiency, 15gp
    • Hermit: Medicine and Religion proficiency, 5gp
    • Noble: History and Persuasion proficiency, 25gp
    • Knight: History and Persuasion proficiency, 25gp
    • Outlander: Athletics and Survival proficiency, 10gp
    • Sage: Arcana and History proficiency, 10gp
    • Sailor: Athletics and Perception proficiency, 10gp
    • Pirate: Athletics and Perception proficiency, 10gp
    • Soldier: Athletics and Intimidation proficiency, 10gp
    • Urchin: Sleight of Hand and Stealth proficiency, 10gp
  • Dungeonmaster.json:
    • Added 3 custom vendors: Magical Armor, Weapons, and Gear
    • Added 3 monster lists: Pirates, Luskan Guards, and Extras (thanks zapgun)
    • v12: Added several custom wisps of different colors and sizes. The ones named Large or Area are meant to be used to customize your areas during live play. By activating them, you can add a ghostly green glow or an icy blue effect to your areas.
  • Lootdrops.json:
    • Dramatically reduced sell cost of consumable items to avoid gold bloat.
    • Dramatically reduced sell cost of misc items to avoid gold bloat (gems, art, trash, etc.)
    • v12: Reduced wolf pelt item sale price.
  • Objects.json:
    • Reduced XP min and max for all trap types to (5-50, reduced by factor of 6)
    • Added DC 5,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,35,40 tables for traps and doors.
  • PlayerProgression.json:
    • Added all 18 skill proficiencies as skills to a separate Skill Proficiency tree.
    • BUG: Currently does not show up for wizard class (due to having too many skill trees; also abilities are currently passive--will eventually be clickable and roll the test for you)
  • Resources.json:
    • Made numerous changes to rt_characters to allow placeable bosses, custom creature sets, and unlocked creatures (thanks zapgun).
    • Added 360 second cooldown to stabilize.
    • Added base templates for Skill Proficiency abilities as described above. Currently able to be placed on hotbar but non-functional.
    • Added class-based skill proficiencies:
    • Rogue: Acrobatics, Stealth, Perception, Sleight of Hands
    • Cleric: Religion, Insight
    • Wizard: Arcana, Investigation
    • Fighter: Acrobatics, Athletics
    • Ranger: Animal Handling, Survival, Perception
    • Paladin: Persuasion, Religion
    • v12: Changed all animals to use pelt only list.
  • Statgrowth.json:
    • Corrected XP to level chart to match 5e PHB
    • Corrected enemy stats to match 5e MM. XP should be 1/10 the MM value. Proficiency bonus scales due to PC buff stacking currently.
  • Treasures.json:
    • Eliminated some loot progression charts where it made sense.
  • Weapons.json:
    • Changed all weapon properties to have a maximum of +3. Exceptional properties like Vorpal were limited to one instance
    • Eliminated CDR
    • Dramatically changed gear progression. Items should be mundane until level 3. Epic items should not exist until level 11. Legendary items are only available at levels 19-20. Also drastically reduced frequency at which those colors drop (see TreasureTables.xml)
    • In addition to changing color progression, reduced the number of points used to generate items by upwards of 90%. What this means is that even at a given color, magic items should have less powerful stats on it. Using +Magic as a baseline: +1 Magic shouldn't occur until level 4 as a rare or level 5 as a green. +2 Magic shouldn't occur until level 9 as a blue (never as a green), and +3 Magic shouldn't occur until level 11 as a purple (never as green or blue).
  • VendorSets.xml
    • Eliminated all magic items from base vendors
    • Reduced potion variety to healing and healing kits at potion vendor
    • Added charts for custom vendors from dungeonmaster.json. These will generate 10 level appropriate greens, 2 level appropriate blues, and 1 level appropriate purple (if colors are available at that level).
  • TreasureTables.xml
    • Made adjustments to individual tables to make loot more sense and eliminate magical gear from most lists.
    • Reduced the frequency of magical items by 66% for greens and up to 99% for purples.
    • v12: Removed consumables from WolfLoot treasure table to make a "Feral" set.
  • English.json
    • Added English language support for all non-zapgun modifications. File must be injected with UABE into resources.json to apply.
    • Updated background and class entries to show correct information
    • v12: Added custom wisp references. Altered Wolf Pelt to be more generic to animals in general.

v1.2 Change Log:

• Added CP2 compatibility.
  • CharacterBackgrounds.json: Removed custom Lolth entry.
  • DungeonMaster.json: Added custom wisps
  • TreasureTables.xml: Removed consumables from WolfLoot_1 drops
  • English.json: Added custom wisp references, Altered wolf pelt name and description to be more generic, Removed custom Lolth entries.
  • LootDrops.json: Reduced wolf pelt sell cost
  • Resources.json: Changed all animals to use pelt only list.

SCLN changes in development:

• Localization in French.
  • More creatures and creature sets.
  • Class adjustments (minor, like adding level requirements to Rank abilities--see Prodigy's class mod for an overhaul)
  • Functional Skill Proficiencies (and shown for Wizards)
  • Further tuning of treasure tables and vendors. Still need to do something appropriate to spiders/insects.
  • Bug fixes as necessary

Edited by Mad.Hatter, 14 December 2015 - 03:57 AM.

• Sarr, OregonPinkRose, Rocco and 6 others like this

#2 MrTTheUSB

MrTTheUSB

Commoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

Mine's not nearly as impressive, but I have found a way to allow dm's to place items in the starting area of generated dungeons, and I've started slowly going through each tileset. I'm calling it FreeDM.

Linky

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Edit: It's all done now. you should be able to place whatever you want in the starting area of your dungeons.

Edited by MrTTheUSB, 14 November 2015 - 09:47 PM.

• Sarr, Rocco, Prodigy and 4 others like this

#3 Zapgun

Zapgun

Level 1

• DM Badge
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

Here is a collection of creature sets to add more variety to your DMing sessions! Enjoy! I've also put together a version with the SCLN mod included here.

Edited by Zapgun, 15 November 2015 - 12:39 PM.

• Sarr, Rocco and Ghatt like this

#4 MrTTheUSB

MrTTheUSB

Commoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

Here's another small mod for you DMs.

I've edited the dungeon generation files so that you can have cool transitions between tiles, like this:

Transition_Test.png

That's a bandit cave dungeon, but the stairs leading to the second floor are from the Drow Caves set. (The secret door between the two is just a part of the module.) The door leading into the stairs down is from your predominant set, though If need I could change that too....

It works fine, but it does require some setup, because I haven't added a dungeon generation file, but I've edited each dungeon for each transition (Bandit caves to castle, castle to sewers... etc.)

In order to use this for your dungeons, unzip the mod into your Mods folder, and edit your config file accordingly. then head into the folder corresponding to the set you want to transition to. Once in there choose the tileset you'd like to transition into. Then take the file corresponding to your dungeon level and paste it into the main area. Voila! when you load your dungeon up, the transition will have already taken place, as the game regenerates files based on the seed that you 'chose' and then populates the dungeon with what was saved into the mod file. This is both good and bad. The good is that you wont have to regenerate dungeons to be able to use the mod, the bad is that the dm running your module will​ need this mod installed. Players of the module might need the mod installed too, but I haven't tested that yet.​

As an example, say you wanted to recreate my image above. Install the mod in your mods folder, and then go into Banditcaves\Drow Caves Transition copy the file BanditCave-DC-S-Simple.xml to the main mod folder. now load up the game and go to create/edit dungeon. Either create a new module, or select one you already have. when it lloads up, go to Locations>New Location>Create Dungeon in the settings, make a small simple bandit caves dungeon, and make sure you add a 2nd floor! Click Visit. the dungeon will load up, and the stair at the end should now look like drow caves.

Want to return Small Simple Bandit Caves to normal? just delete the file in the main mod folder.

Links:

Transitions Mod file:

Also for those Who want this mod, and want to use FreeDM, the mod that allows you to put placeables in the Start area of the dungeon:

Note: for those using the FreeDM version, to reset the tileset back to normal, just copy/paste the corresponding file from the Transitions\reset

Hope this helps people make even more awesome modules!

Mr T. out.

Edit: Just tested it running a dungeon, and it looks like the way maps are handled is that the server doesn't create the map for the client, rather it sends the client the map generation data, i.e. map settings and seed. and the client generates their own map, so you would probably need all of your players to have the mod installed, and the right file in place.

Edited by MrTTheUSB, 16 November 2015 - 12:57 AM.

• Sarr, Rocco and Prodigy like this

#5 Zapgun

Zapgun

Level 1

• DM Badge
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

I've update the SCLN version of my creature set with some new additions which can be found HERE. Enjoy!

V02 CHANGES

- Changed Belaphoss to use a different model that should be more flexible (hopefully without story animation). This one CAN be deleted!
   - Added the steeltooth bear boss to the Beasts set (placeable only)
   - Added the Tasyllys boss to the Cultists & Demons set (placeable only)
   - Added a ghost to the Extras set (placeable only)
   - Fixed a bug causing the Derro gang member to not show up in the Extras set
   - Added the smaller puppy dog (also named Guen, might want to turn this into a custom character with a new name)
   - Added two magically animated swords (Mordenkain and Ashen) to the Extras Set - these should work in combat

Edited by Zapgun, 16 November 2015 - 11:19 AM.

• Rocco and Prodigy like this

#6 Mad.Hatter

Mad.Hatter

Level 10

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:59 PM

Here is a DM wisp mod!

https://dl.dropboxus...960/DMWisps.zip

To use, just extract the zip in your Mod folder (see tutorial thread for the path) and add DMWisps to your GameConfig.json in your installation directory. It is compatible with any mod that doesn't already use Dungeonmaster.json, so you can just put the file inside your existing mod project folder.

It currently contains:

• Blue wisp
  • Green wisp
  • Pineapple wisp (like a golden yellow)
  • Orange wisp
  • Ice wisp (cyan with less green)
  • Area wide versions of all colors (custom and red/purple defaults)

To use in-game, simply change your DM wisp via the Options menu. A quick pause and wisp change could alter the look of an area dramatically.

orangearea.jpg

cyanarea.jpg

#7 mrunderhill

mrunderhill

Commoner

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

I couldn't stand the fact that a Holy Avenger was so weak compared to the Sunblade and the Dagger. So I fixed it myself.

Here's what I have so far: Holy%20Avenger2.png

And another version: Holy%20Avenger3.png

As you can see, I modified the stats, but I also gave it a radiant fx. I wasn't trying to go over board, so these are a few that Iv'e come up with. If anyone knows of a good effect for the Avenger. Specifically an aura type effect. The problem with Magical Items is they only have three potential properties, well four if you modify the damage type like i've done with these.

I was thinking of making, an undead version, and a fiend version. Oh and what do you think the overall power should be? 

Give me some ideas!

• Mad.Hatter and ancientdeity like this

#8 Prodigy

Prodigy

Level 20

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:20 AM

This idea is likely very NON-canon, but I think it's what you're looking for:

Cast Fear on Undead?

0 user(s) are reading this topic