2 replies to this topic

#1 draconusx

draconusx

Forum Moderator

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationCavern of Daymares

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

I was recently able to get together with @Mad.Hatter, @Jocolloman, and @Redunzgofasta to talk about SCL.  We reminisce about the things we think were done bad as well as the things we think went well and delve into the "what could have been" a little too.  (First though is our segment about the games coming out next month, after that is over the Postmortem starts.) 

You can listen to us here:  https://bammsters.co...word-in-it-102/

Or on YouTube here:  https://youtu.be/bV9EsZ4i3H8

• GeneralKong and Cork like this

#2 LeslieWest_GuitarGod

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Level 8

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:56 AM

The developer of this product should be in jail, considering how badly this project was mangled, ermm I mean managed.

Great podcast, with honest and sincere commentary.

I actually thought the community was very good, and there was an incredibly loyal base that kept holding on for something of value from the publishers that matched their marketing promises.

Nspace clearly had no idea what they were doing, and when the developer's CEO fights openly on the forum with community members - you know things had gone horribly wrong.

The community was very loyal though.  Nspace just built a square block, marketed it as a circle, and tried to fit it into a triangle hole.

Edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod, 02 February 2018 - 05:34 AM.

• draconusx likes this

#3 draconusx

draconusx

Forum Moderator

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationCavern of Daymares

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

There was a lot of good and bad in the community.  I chose to listen more to the positive and constructive.  I'm genuinely glad you enjoyed it and I hope others will too.

Plus If I'm being honest there is still a part of me that hopes there is a developer out there, or will be soon, that will take lessons learned from this project and make for us all the game we're still hoping we could have gotten. Ya...I'm likely a bit of a fool in that respect but: "Burn the land, and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me"

• GeneralKong likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users