#1 [DE]Drew

[DE]Drew

Thread Warlock

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 89 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Stars

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

ftmCdUM.jpg

Gather your party for epic adventures before Sword Coast Legends disappears forever at the end of December, 2017!

Purchase Sword Coast Legends now at 67% off and receive the Rage of Demons DLC for free. Our publishing contracting is ending, but although Sword Coast Legends will no longer be available to purchase after December, its multiplayer servers will remain live indefinitely.

Sales will also be available on the follow platforms for the following dates:

• Steam - 67% off - December 11 to December 25

• Sony America - 50% off - December 12 to December 26

• Gamestop - 75% off - December 18 to December 28

• GamersGate - 67% off - December 11 to December 31

• Gamazavr - 66% off - December 12 to December 19

• Microsoft - 60% off - December 19 to December 25

• RAM021 likes this

#2 Cdawg

Cdawg

Level 4

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

And so the coffin closes....

Glad to see the man, Drew, is still gainfully employed at DE. Will DE take down the forum?

Edited by Cdawg, 11 December 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#3 Oxybeles

Oxybeles

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

How can one obtain the Rage of Demons DLC, if one already owns the base game?

#4 draconusx

draconusx

Forum Moderator

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationCavern of Daymares

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:42 PM

How can one obtain the Rage of Demons DLC, if one already owns the base game?

On PC it was a free DLC.  On console... I can't remember if it was released as well?

#5 Septopus

Septopus

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:28 AM

I don't know anything about what's going on with this publishing rights stuff, can some one explain it to me please? Will this affect being able to play on Steam with a friend at all?

#6 Drakaer

Drakaer

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

Hi there,

Just a note. The price on the store is advertised incorrectly for the DIGITAL DELUXE CAMPAIGN EDITION. Its advertised as;

$69.99 $21.10

66% off of 69.99 is $23.10 which is what is charged at checkout.

Drakaer

• RAM021 likes this

#7 [NS]Tony

[NS]Tony

DEV [Audio Director]

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

I remember that game...
  • RAM021 likes this

#8 Cdawg

Cdawg

Level 4

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

I remember that game...

Well, I enjoyed it. Audio was great too. 

#9 Mad.Hatter

Mad.Hatter

Level 10

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

Without a doubt the game with the biggest delta between potential and outcome that I have ever gotten involved with. I work in marketing doing consumer insights and some simple pre-development consumer studies would have saved this game (e.g. make an explicitly 5th edition game?)

Loved the game. Loved its potential. Loved its easy to use interfaces. If only it had been built with a touch more horsepower, a stronger tie to the ascendant tabletop game, and open modding in mind.

• RAM021 likes this

#10 jocolloman

jocolloman

Level 5

• DM Badge
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

Without a doubt the game with the biggest delta between potential and outcome that I have ever gotten involved with. I work in marketing doing consumer insights and some simple pre-development consumer studies would have saved this game (e.g. make an explicitly 5th edition game?)

Loved the game. Loved its potential. Loved its easy to use interfaces. If only it had been built with a touch more horsepower, a stronger tie to the ascendant tabletop game, and open modding in mind.

I had a blast playing this game and bending it to do what I wanted it to do. The dying population is the only reason I stopped playing. I loved building modules that were designed to be played with other people as a live DM. People wanted to be able to make things run in single player mode and I felt that wasn't ever the real goal. I was sad to watch it slowly die. I definitely got my money worth and will forever love my Belaphoss statue.

#11 Lililonka

Lililonka

Commoner

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:00 AM

Can you please remove VAC from steam so we could mod the game to our liking ?

• RAM021 likes this

#12 Harbinger

Harbinger

Commoner

• DM Badge
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFormally Camp X (Google it)

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:40 AM

This game reminds me of when I played p&p more often.

My greatest feat in P&P was willingly pulling 21 cards from The Deck of Many Things and surviving despite by the end, having to fight 2 lesser death's completely naked.

This was also the very same campaign which lead to my greatest defeat.

I got separated from the rest of the party with the rogue due to a trap stone wall that put us on different paths though the dungeon.

What the rest of the party didn't know was that I had made a spot check last session and discovered that the rogue was a drow direct from Menzoberranzan. I had confronted him about this discovery away from the rest of the party. He had me convinced he escaped his execution and wanted nothing to do with the oppressive matriarchy of Lolth. So, back in the dungeon crawl, as we were trying to find the rest of the group, I roll a 1 and tank initiative resulting in getting stabbed. Thing is, he's a rogue and I was a great weapon fighter. The next round he failed a grapple check and I had him off the ground by his throat. All I had to do was roll a 2 and the DM said I would literally cleave him in 2 from head to toe.

This is how I learned, unless their name is Drizzt Do'Urden, upon seeing a drow always annihilate with extreme prejudiced. The D20 in question? Forever banished from the dice bag, it sits on my desk as a constant reminder to never trust a drow.

#13 Mortavius

Mortavius

Level 1

• DM Badge
  • 124 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

Unfortunate. I still romp around in this every now and again just for some hack and slash... though most of my time in a game has been in Dark and Light and Conan Exiles.

If only someone would take the D&D Franchise in that direction, combining the best aspects of those two games (building for Conan and Pets for Dark and Light, and private hosted servers from both games), but with the ability to craft campaigns and components like NWN..... whoever does that is gonna make a killing, and I mean they're going to be filthy rich if they do it right. (first and third person, NOT isometric)

5E is the edition that could do it, too.

If someone makes THAT game, and then ties it to official book sales because it uses official rules completely, look out. A game like that would sell itself and the books like Wildfire, though I doubt after giving away the 3.5 audience to Pathfinder, Hasbro, WoTC, and their affiliate companies would be in any position to create something like that. Too bad. That would be the logical future, and the most profitable. Ah well, someone will do it one of these decades, and then everyone will who didn't do it will be kicking themselves, because there is an untapped market for a better and "updated" NWN style of game, because while hack and slash is great and all.... broader meaningful actions within the context of a story with sandbox freedom will always be the magic people are looking for.

Edited by Mortavius, 20 December 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#14 Mad.Hatter

Mad.Hatter

Level 10

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:53 AM

What do you know about the battle against the orcs? - Player

Not much, really. I know that the Kingdom of Many-Arrows was rampaging across the Silver Marches, and my foolhardy husband followed my sister and went off to fight them. - Aleema the Herbalist from Act 1

Merry Christmas everybody! Hopefully you're having a great holiday season. Don't forget to buy extra copies of SCL for your friends/family if you even think you might play it with them in the future.

• RAM021 likes this

#15 Hunter_Rayder93

Hunter_Rayder93

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:32 AM

Profited just in time, I had tried once on steamcon the free wekend and attracted me, then I loved a lot of dragonage and a little I found that game play ... and a pity that the development has stopped ... I'm very sorry for this...The 5th edition has some potential ... I hope in the near future will come out a game worthy of note that will be based on the 5th edition.

#16 Iatan

Iatan

Commoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

I did, but they can't log in, because they are not receiving activation emails...

Help?

#17 Vidarval

Vidarval

Commoner

• DM Badge
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Hey hello, just recently bough the game, it is a real shame that it is no longer going to be sold. So far I am really having a lot of fun, I really hope that there will still be players around.

#18 jambock

jambock

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

I have a question and this is it: Since it isn't more in Steam, from where i would can download the game if i have to reinstall it?

#19 Mad.Hatter

Mad.Hatter

Level 10

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

I have a question and this is it: Since it isn't more in Steam, from where i would can download the game if i have to reinstall it?

It isn't sold on Steam but it will still appear in your Steam library of games for download.

#20 cenato

cenato

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

Is there any way to get the game yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users