8 replies to this topic

#1 drwargame

drwargame

Level 1

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

If you enjoy the live DM mode of SCL, or at least the potential it had, you should check-out the new video clips of the Game Master mode that was demo'd for Divinity Original Sin 2. They streamed a live session on Twitch, and there are some video clips available at the Larian site. I've been playing the alpha version of the game (which does not have the Game Master mode yet) and it is terrific.

• GeneralKong likes this

#2 GeneralKong

GeneralKong

Level 2

• DM Badge
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Indeed, Cant wait for it, it has everything this games DM mode has and 10 times more, so far it only depends if you like Real Time combat or Turn based

#3 Mad.Hatter

Mad.Hatter

Level 10

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

D:OS2's DM mode has lots of features that SCL desperately needed (such as the DM being able to modify stats, talents, inventory, etc. on the fly at will). It looks great. The preview videos have all mentioned that you can create your own maps and import your own resources via the editor.

I messed around with the D:OS1 editor previously and it is a bit of a beast for people who aren't used to such things (even worse than NWN2). However, it looks very promising.

The games themselves are great, too.

• GeneralKong likes this

#4 Ghatt

Ghatt

Level 10

• DM Badge
  • 1,013 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

Looks like they're doing all the things we all advised N-Space to do. I'm really looking forward to this one. Larian seems to have a much better understanding of their audience than nspace ever did.
  • GeneralKong likes this

#5 Balthus

Balthus

Level 4

• DM Badge
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

It does look amazing... What I'm wanting to understand is how easy it will be to create a world and customise a map without any intricate toolkit skills.  I'm hoping for something fairly intuitive.

We need a guild for SCL expats!

• draconusx, GeneralKong and Ghatt like this

#6 drwargame

drwargame

Level 1

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

Count me in (guild).

My buddy and I are a few sessions away from finishing a co-op of DoS:EE and I've done a walk through of the DoS:2 alpha. I think both are terrific. My only gripe being that a few key quests in DoS:EE are nearly impossible to complete without consulting a walk through, though that only happened late in the game for us.

#7 SimonMayers

SimonMayers

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for your share about this information. Maybe I will try to check-out the new video clips of the Game Master mode that was demo'd for Divinity Original Sin 2.
driving directions

#8 Cork

Cork

Commoner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

I've been playing the pre-release version of this for a while now. And I've been keeping upto date on the new stuff there adding. And it looks pretty exiting. But to me (just my personal opinion). It seems like too much magic and magical stuff. It almost looks like overkill. And it's so easy to get sucker punched, you go into a battle and before you even get a chance to do anything your almost wiped out. Of course it could be that I just suck at this game, too.

#9 GeneralKong

GeneralKong

Level 2

• DM Badge
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

Not only that, but there is only classical mode in early access, which is the equivalent of normal/hard difficulty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users