Photo
- - - - -

Please Digital Extremes.. Revive This Franchise!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kodraak

Kodraak

Level 1

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

As the title! I really hate to see this game go dead Digital Extremes.. You let us down by forgetting it and going with Warframe.. I know Warframe is important and the most way for you guys to get money. but look at what you left us with.. This game could have great potential if you just get some company to help this game. I want this game back Digital Extremes.. It's at a great start, you just need to help us to a great extent except of technical issues. If you guys said anything about another company coming in to help, i might've not seen it. But still, giving up on a game aint good whatsoever.. N-Space gave you the stuff for this game and full control. Don't let a good community down Digital Extremes. you got a ton of people hoping for a future of this game.

-Drakensin

Edited by Kodraak, 26 April 2017 - 11:09 PM.

• draconusx and GeneralKong like this

#2 [DE]Drew

[DE]Drew

Thread Warlock

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 88 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Stars

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hi Drakensin, 

Unfortunately, further development wouldn't be that simple due to the nature of the intellectual properties involved and previous development. I wish I could give hope that there's more to come, but the truth is that it is not something we're in a position to provide. Our intent is to continue providing support in the areas we can, and we hope you enjoy Sword Coast Legends even though it will not receive additional expansions. 

#3 Kodraak

Kodraak

Level 1

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

Hi Drakensin, 

Unfortunately, further development wouldn't be that simple due to the nature of the intellectual properties involved and previous development. I wish I could give hope that there's more to come, but the truth is that it is not something we're in a position to provide. Our intent is to continue providing support in the areas we can, and we hope you enjoy Sword Coast Legends even though it will not receive additional expansions.

So back then you said the VAC can't be removed, Correct?

#4 brokentusk

brokentusk

Commoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

My brother in law and I are lookign to play this game with other people.  I'm willing to DM, however i haven't created any sessions yet because there are no servers up.  Pity we just bought the game and there is no one that ever plays. 

#5 doctor_atomic

doctor_atomic

Level 7

• Hero Badge
  • 766 posts
  • LocationL.A. CA

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

The game is abandoned, time to move on.  DE isn't even keeping the security certificate up to date on the web site, my anti-virus throws a fit any time I stop in.

#6 [DE]Drew

[DE]Drew

Thread Warlock

• DM Badge with Upgrade
  • 88 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Stars

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

The game is abandoned, time to move on.  DE isn't even keeping the security certificate up to date on the web site, my anti-virus throws a fit any time I stop in.

We are working on getting this resolved, but when we say we have limited control, this is exactly what we mean. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. 

#7 Kodraak

Kodraak

Level 1

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

We are working on getting this resolved, but when we say we have limited control, this is exactly what we mean. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. 

what exactly are you missing to help continue the game?

#8 jocolloman

jocolloman

Level 5

• DM Badge
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

what exactly are you missing to help continue the game?

Money?

#9 Kodraak

Kodraak

Level 1

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

Money?

they should have that through Warframe..

#10 jocolloman

jocolloman

Level 5

• DM Badge
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

they should have that through Warframe..

Why invest that money into a product that isn't able to produce any revenue?

#11 Kodraak

Kodraak

Level 1

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Why invest that money into a product that isn't able to produce any revenue?

There won't be any revenue, yes.. but if they can just disable the most smallest thing (which is the VAC), we as modders can make this game better.

#12 Hawkwind

Hawkwind

Level 1

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Unless Digital Extremes can find a way to create a continuing revenue stream from this product It will never be revived. They over promised, under delivered and then spent all their time trying to catch-up, not generating any revenue, Great game, very poor business planning. Having said that this game is rich enough in content to allow them some creative additions that would have generated some additional revenue. Look at Fantasy Grounds, I must have pent several hundred dollars on all the additions for FG. So sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users