• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Reiku

Reiku

Commoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:06 AM

In the RoD campaign, I found two shield pieces in Mantol-Derith, (top left shield part and bottom part) out of three apparently. However, I can't find the last. Does anyone know where it is?

#2 foxdvd

foxdvd

Commoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:37 AM

I also am looking for the last piece of the sword, or at least what the stats of the sword are so I know if it is worth finding...I have two pieces of both the shield and the sword..

Also, can you actually get into the black market during the dlc?

#3 Reiku

Reiku

Commoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:04 PM

I also am looking for the last piece of the sword, or at least what the stats of the sword are so I know if it is worth finding...I have two pieces of both the shield and the sword..

Also, can you actually get into the black market during the dlc?

The last piece of the sword is in the area you go to to retrieve some gem that controls a succubus (Grymsong mine i think?). All three factions have a quest that takes you there. It's in a pile of rocks you can only find with search. It makes... a Katana! It's called "Ordran'oel's Katana" and its stats are as follows:

2-8 slashing

+5 to hit and damage
25% chance on hit to cleave nearby enemies (180° cone, 3.5 yards long for 10-16 damage)
50% chance on hit to gain a protective shell (+1 Armor Class, +8% resistance to all damage, stacks up to 3 times and lasts 30 seconds)
One-Handed Finesse (Dexterity)

Requires Proficiency Longsword

Also, if there's a way to get into the black market, or the building in the drow enclave/warehouse behind the gargoyles, I haven't found them yet.

• RAM021 and Hawke_404 like this

#4 foxdvd

foxdvd

Commoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for the help!  That item actually looks like it might be worth it...

#5 draconusx

draconusx

Forum Moderator

• Belaphoss Badge
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationCavern of Daymares

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

In the RoD campaign, I found two shield pieces in Mantol-Derith, (top left shield part and bottom part) out of three apparently. However, I can't find the last. Does anyone know where it is?

I have two pieces of both the shield and the sword..

Did anyone ever find all three pieces of the shield?  And would you share that info?

#6 Reiku

Reiku

Commoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

Did anyone ever find all three pieces of the shield?  And would you share that info?

I haven't and since no one has replied with the info, I don't think anyone else has either. Part of me suspects it's in the crate past the gargoyles in the drow warehouse, though I have no proof and no way to get past them. I even tried maxing out my stealth, loaded up on +stealth gear, and still got caught, so I have no idea if you even CAN get past them.

#7 Suicyco-Outsider

Suicyco-Outsider

Commoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:36 PM

Seems Like They Rushed ROD Too Many Loose Ends In The Story. Whats Up With With The Duergar Dealer? Is It Poosible To Take His Deal?

#8 SyntaxMode

SyntaxMode

Commoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:19 AM

Still looking for all the shield pieces myself. Found pieces to an axe on the map where you encounter Drizzt .. 2 axe handle pieces and another piece on the death tyrant. for the price of 8000g it creates Baphomet's Scalpel

1-6 Slashing

+2 to hit and damage

Critical Range +3

5% chance to instantly kill on a critical strike

One handed

Handaxe

#9 Undercrypt

Undercrypt

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

Yes, the third shield piece is in the crate behind the gargoyles in the drow warehouse. I was able to get to it with a Misty Step scroll. 6000 gp to reassemble.

War Plate Shield

Armor Class 2

+1 Armor Class

10% Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing damage resistance

10% Fire, Cold, Lightning, Acid damage resistance

Requires Proficiency Shield

#10 Reiku

Reiku

Commoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Yes, the third shield piece is in the crate behind the gargoyles in the drow warehouse. I was able to get to it with a Misty Step scroll. 6000 gp to reassemble.

War Plate Shield

Armor Class 2

+1 Armor Class

That sounds PERFECT for my Paladin. Where do you get a misty step scroll? Was it random or did you buy/find it somewhere specific?

#11 Reiku

Reiku

Commoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:03 PM

War Plate Shield

Armor Class 2

+1 Armor Class

Okay, I need a better explanation of how to get to it with the misty step scroll. I can't teleport past the gargoyles.

#12 fredscout

fredscout

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Misty Step will not get you past the gargoyles. Im not sure you can. I believe its broke or unfinished, in either case it's shameful it's been like this for so long. FIX IT PLEASE.

#13 SynScear

SynScear

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

I hope people are still checking this forum.

I believe I have discovered the secret of the third shield piece. It is indeed in the chest located behind the gargoyles. What worked for me was using a Scroll of Misty Step, with the chosen destination toward the back of the area, close to the chest, then just waiting. Your character should continue trying to run past the gargoyles, then after about a minute or so the spell will "fizzle" and you will be teleported to the chosen location. To get back out, simply switch to one of your other characters and leave the Drow enclave (make sure follow is on). When you go outside your character that was behind the gargoyles should be outside with you.

And on a slightly related note, has anybody yet been able to figure out the deal behind the locked door in the Drow enclave, the Duergar dealer, or the Black Market? I have a few theories, but none have worked thus far (I just completed second play through of DLC, so haven't put in a lot of work just yet). First, concerning the locked Drow warehouse, I think maybe if you have a high enough sneak and lockpicking skill, you may be able to get in. Haven't tried yet, and I'm skeptical this is the case, but I think it's worth investigating. I passed the Strength check once, but he still told me to go away. Maybe you have to beat it by more than a certain amount?

Regarding the Black Market, Duergar Dealer, and even the Drow warehouse if sneak and Strength aren't the answer, I think there may be a reputation component that requires completing the side quests in very specific ways. Part of what makes me think this is that the Drow guard indicates that Rauvfryn has the authority to grant access to the warehouse (unless I'm remembering that wrong), and after completing the side quests as a Drow ally, Rauvfryn says, "We are not friends, but you have my respect...". This makes me think that maybe you can achieve the rank of "friend" and gain access. On my second play-through I tried to be as Drow-friendly as possible (squealed on the Greymails, made sure Ilyma didn't leave, etc). The only thing I think I didn't get was success on the Wisdom check when you ask Myre about Rauvfryn going to Allyth Road. I had a 43 Wisdom and still failed the check. I should point out that I failed the check once, then boosted my Wisdom with gear and a potion and tried again and still failed, so maybe you only get the one shot, though I don't know why they continue to let you try. I'm not even sure making the check changes anything, but it's there, and super difficult, so who knows?

Sorry for rambling, just wanted to put down as much information as possible. I'm very curious to see if anyone else has theories/insight/proof my theories are wrong.

TL:DR: It's not THAT long. Read it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users