• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenlee

Ravenlee

Commoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:08 AM

I entered the Cutlass Inn Cellar for the first time from the Abandoned Sewers, which I've since realised may not have been the right order to do things in. Now that I'm in there, there's nothing to interact with, including a door or trapdoor to leave through, although I have "perceived" something on the other side of a wall that doesn't light up when I hover over it. It autosaved upon entering the area, so I can't reload to get out. Anyone know if there's a way out, or have I broken my game?

Thanks in advance.

#2 rewd1772

rewd1772

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

I am also stuck in the abandoned sewers after I entered from the Cutlass Inn.

Can't get back to the Cutlass and can't get to the market. I Accept the travel option and nothing happens.

#3 Zorida

Zorida

Commoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

I do experience exactly the same issue. Entered Cutlass Inn Cellar from the Abandoned Sewers, then autosave unfortunedly overwrote the quicksave, and let me stuck there. No restart of Windows, Steam and SCL has worked for me. Once in, there is nothing to interact with, no way in and no way out too (despite something perceived on the other side of the wall).

#4 numbwod

numbwod

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

Unfortunately, I'm hit by the same problem. Having entered the Cutlass Inn Cellar from the Abandoned Sewers, I'm given no way for my party to proceed. I can't return to the sewers, and I can't venture further than the small starting room in the cellar. I've tried loading the last save, the Restore option, verified the game cache, but nothing seems to help.

This is effectively a game breaker for me. 

I thought the hotfix update released on 1st June may have helped, particular given the call out of  "Fixed players getting stuck in the sewers under the Cutlass 

Unfortunately though, it doesn't appear to have helped my situation.

If anything, it's worse now, as I have a solid pink square obscuring half of my screen since the hotfix was applied.

So many bugs, so little time to deal with it...

#5 Rigid

Rigid

Commoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

This happened to me as well. Sooo am i basically screwed until this is patched?

#6 Supes12

Supes12

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

I have the PS4 version and am experiencing the same issue. Is there any talk of patches coming or should I start over?

#7 Rigid

Rigid

Commoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:44 PM

I had to start over. Was pretty painful, but like my new character better now!

#8 Strummer

Strummer

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

PS4 version here. Also stuck in the Abandoned Sewers. No way I'm starting over, so hopefully this will be patched soon.

Being unable to advance the Sword Coast Legends story, I started a Rage of Demons game with another character. After the initial conversations in the run down inn or whatever, I was unable to travel to either the first location or the adventurer's camp.

Pretty unreal quality control going on here if you ask me.

#9 Rigid

Rigid

Commoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

Yea i know i almost quit playing versus starting over. But i would recommend giving it another shot, really having a blast with the game. And besides getting stuck in the cellar, ive had no other issues with bugs.

#10 SyntaxMode

SyntaxMode

Commoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:01 AM

I also happened to come down here and got stuck on the PS4 version. I kept quitting the game, reloading, eventually it let me out

#11 GunnyLinguss

GunnyLinguss

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:23 AM

Also ran into this problem. I googled it and found this forum. I tried to restart and all that a few times but no success. Then I saved, closed application, went back in and created a public game...boom! Went up the ladder on the first try. Hope your attempts are successful.

#12 quadpod19

quadpod19

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

i'm not sure if an actual solution for this has been found yet, but i'm in the same boat as y'all. instead of following the mysterious stranger i explored the abandoned sewers a bit first and found the entrance to the cutlass cellar. went in and now stuck there. nothing to click on, no exit, no ladder, nothing to interact with at all. i can see something on the other side shimmering but other than that the game auto saved and i cant get out. i have tried reloading the game and playing as public, friends, back to solo. uninstalled reinstalled. i dont know what else to do, really dont want to restart the game. any help?

#13 RobV

RobV

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

I know this thread isn't new, but in case someone else comes looking for answers...

I'm playing PS4 version. I tried it myltiple times, but just choosing public/friends game didn't do it. What finally worked for me was to force close the application from PS4 menu and then restart it, which worked first try (and I also did public game - just in case - but not sure if that was necessary).

Hope that helps someone.

#14 Gajintao

Gajintao

Commoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:08 PM

Ok... So I started SCL, new to D&D based games. At first I thought it was slow and boring, then as things progressed, fairly tough and finally as I skilled up my search skill on the rogue I was like, “this game is freakin' awesome! I wonder why the mixed reviews?” Then BAM!!! Stuck in the Cutlass Inn Cellar.

Pretty much a make or break moment for the game that I was just getting into. If I had to start over I would have just deleted it at that point since I had about 20 hours just exploring the hell outta things.

The above suggestions did not work. The first time I got stuck in the Cutlass in Cellar via the Sewer grate in the side alley, where the “Mysterious Stranger” sewer is.

This is how I made a last ditch effort to fix it and the weirdness that ensued.

** 1: I was playing on PS4

** 2: I accessed the Cutlass In Cellar via the Mysterious Stranger sewers.

** 3: Tried the reset / hard reset / co-op / public advice in numerous orders and couldn't fix the issue.

** 4: Saw the option to Upload / Download save data associated with PSN membership, which I have. Via the game options in the PS4 dashboard. (Options button)

** 5: Loaded a previous save from the night before. (Then technically overwrote it with a newer save)

Now it took me WAY far back after a whole day of serious play so I was pretty bummed out. I ended up “uploading” a newer save that I thought was from just before I got stuck and then re-downlaoded it to my PS4 and overwrote the backup save I just downloaded. I was still about a day behind in the game, or so I thought.

I noticed I had all my gear from just before getting stuck in the Cellar as well as my levels, skills, gold, XP, items, etc. It appeared my location and completed quests had rolled back. Kind of a blessing and a curse. (Couldn't kill the Elder Black Pudding again cause the solvent potion had already been used.)

I had to re-do about 10 quests however they were much easier at higher level with more skills. Moreover, I was able to get dupes of some items like the Jack-O-Lantern head, skull mask, Pericolo hood? Fire/Sun blade? Etc.

Then tonight I got stuck in the freakin' basement AGAIN via Sherm's Herbalist shop and the Cultist lair. I was about ready to flip a table after spending all day getting caught back up. The stairs in the Cultist Lair said “Cutlass Inn Cellar” so I tried the above advice one more time before throwing my controller. THIS TIME the hard reset and public game worked!! The stairs said “Sherm's Shop” and I promptly got back out into the market and saved my game.

Anyway just wanted to offer the above tip for anyone on PS4 and please note that your mileage may vary as far as location, quests, dupes, etc. I'm not sure if just downloading my save caused the bug or if it was from downloading / uploading / then downloading the newer save again. Anyway hopefully that can help a few people salvage a game. Good luck.

TL:DR – If you are on PS4 and the hard reset / public game method doesn't work try uploading / downloading save data via the PSN cloud saves. Beware some quest & item glitches occur as a result.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users